Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Back to Square One

starting over school time handwork he climbed OVER the basket He decided to crawl over the basket... stuck and then got stuck calling in autumn window transparency pulling up and climbing on everything Two week into our homeschooling year and I am already hitting a wall with one of my children. Actually the two of us have been struggling with schooling since we moved here but now we are truly at an impasse. This sweet child of mine tells me that learning only happens in Oregon. I hear what is being said, and I understand but we still need to learn while we are away from our beloved friends. Listening to the wise counsel of others, I am taking a step back and going back to square one. Kevin, our little one and I are going to sit down this weekend and try to come up with something that will work for all of us involved. Thankfully this child loves math so I at least know that can keep on going without interruption. The other kiddos enjoy and thrive from the way we homeschool so things will more than likely stay the same for them.

I pulled these books back off the shelf to help me figure out where to go from here:
 A Little Way of Homeschooling
 Teaching from Rest 
Waldorf Parenting Handbook
 Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit

 In the meantime I gave my sweet child a few books on Saint Teresa to read and discuss with me. 

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...