Sunday, November 6, 2011

Notes









Display at school last week.

Thank you everyone for your sincere words last week. They were deeply felt and I am very grateful for them, thank you! I have spent the past couple of days sewing and I must confess, that was just what I needed to help me at least start to get out of my funk. Food for my soul. *ahem* Now would you mind sharing some of those thoughts with my husband and a couple of other people, for me? Hee,hee.



Our school's annual Heart of Advent event is next weekend and I am counting down the minutes until I can go. It's a truly beautiful adults only seasonal event. It recognizes the many festivals and holy days of this time of year by gathering friends to create together and share their inspirations for handmade crafts and family traditions. I wouldn't miss it for the world! This will be my third year going, (my first year and last year) that is as long as Kevin isn't forced to work again this Saturday. Fingers crossed it all works out.
For my locals: The Heart of Advent takes place Saturday, November 12th from 11am to 4pm at the Portland Waldorf School.

Speaking of crafting, I am hoping to make a little bit of money this holiday season with out taking too much time away from my family. I am planning to create some simple crafts like beeswax impressions to sell in the Spring Creek Store. I am finishing one up tonight to bring in tomorrow and see what they think. It's a beautiful nativity impression/medallion. I'll get some pics of it and post them soon. K already wants one for the window in her bedroom but I have some other secret plans for that window this Advent season...
Hey, while we are at it, I know it may seem early but Advent is just around the corner. I am trying to think of some different things to do with the girls this year. Does anyone have any suggestions for advent activities/crafts for children?



I have to make sure my eyes are not bigger than my capabilities this year. I just found this book Magic Wool Fairies, and wow, talk about inspiring! I want to just dive in and make a bunch of them. I mean, seriously, look at these ones currently on display at the Spring Creek Store:









Aren't they beautiful? I would love to make one or two, perhaps after I finish up the girls' Phoebe sweaters. I got an e-mail letting me know my yarn is on it's way for C's sweater so I will be getting started on that this week. Oh - make sure you stop in here Tuesday night for a great Phoebe's Sweater giveaway! I really need to sit down and make a list of what I would like to accomplish this holiday season so I can figure out what is doable and realistic and what is just too much...





after all, I do have these three crazy ones to chase after and love every minute I can!





I may as well end this very random post with a bit more randomness.
I am head over heels in love with the two prints you see above (especially the second one) and I am hoping to get prints of my own to hang in our home. Does anyone happen to know they names of either of these prints? I don't know how to begin looking for them without knowing what they are called. I tried googling 'Madonna' and I only came up with images of the pop artist.

I hope you all had a relaxing weekend! I need to get back to my beeswaxing endeavors. See you again tomorrow.

Don't forget to enter the Organic Seasons giveaway here!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...