Sunday, January 6, 2019

The Christmas Season

Christmas morning fox towel for my little fox my fox costume has a tail! mama is always crooked Why do I always take crooked photos? can't sit still ever Always in motion sneaky snacky squirrel Nativity scene play K from his 1st Christmas frosting sneaker sneak big sister chastising their creations K's chickens wiwiurka One of the best gifts ever from Wiwiurka! I'll share more photos of it later when the sun comers out again.piano playing my Pevensie tribe my goof
End of the Christmas season - Epiphany
Epiphany Christmas just ended for us with the celebration of Epiphany. L found the bean in our corn bread for the first time (at least according to him it was the first time.) and got to wear the king's crown. I didn't take a lot of photos throughout the Christmas season due to a combination of no sun (I thought we left Oregon? 😂), and all my energy being spent on unboxing and trying to make room in our house. That actually explains why I haven't been in this space much either. We have almost unboxed everything now but still can't find our curriculum, homeschool supplies and some of our beloved Ostheimer toys. Know military moving companies, they're probably in some random box together marked garage or something. Oh well. Tomorrow we move forward and start school back up without the things I had hoped we would have.

You may have noticed that I forced myself to get in one of the pictures with my children at the tree farm above. As uncomfortable as I feel in front of the camera, I know they will want to have these memories to look back on when they are older. I am trying to remind myself of that and make it into a habit for this year. I suppose that is a New Years resolution of sorts.What about you? Did you make any?

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Lovely photos! I, too, am trying to step out from behind the camera more and be with my family in the photos in all my imperfect glory. :) We are living in a rental home while we build our house so I know how it is to be in limbo and missing some of your treasured things. Plus, I am an AF brat and remember the military movers packing up our full trash can once. We also heard horror stories of people's cats getting packed up, too. This experience has really taught me what home means (the people you love) and what things I own truly are precious to me. Hope you all will be feeling more settled soon. Peace!

Heather said...

What a beautiful Christmas season your family has celebrated! Love the photo of you and the kids in the pines! They will most definitely want photos of you to look back on years from now. Im guilty of the same thing though...I'm usually the one taking the photos. Hope you all have a wonderful 2019 and find your special things very soon!!

Karen said...

I had a hoot reading your comment about military movers. On one of our moves they packed the little ones potty chair with the kitchen pots and pans. Ya gotta wonder sometimes....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...