Sunday, December 18, 2016

A Little Patience

laughter laughter sisters moon rising walk at dusk walk at dusk crazy postpartum hair and all! photo by K I got my grandma's laugh lines... Christmas crafting bits left all over the house their first gingerbread house gingerbread house
I try my hardest to keep the weeks of Advent slow and simple, building up a little bit each week as we come closer to Christmas. I have hope this is developing patience in all of my children (myself, too!) and reminding them what we are celebrating. But good grief, this Advent has been feeling slower than usual and a bit drawn out. I think this is mostly due to the fact that Kevin has been on a short deployment for the past few weeks. It just doesn't feel like Advent, nor that Christmas is nearly here, without him home. But I am grateful for the constant reminder of patience and preparation during this season. I have lessons to learn, I know it...

Thankfully by the time most of you read these words he should be back with us!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...