Thursday, April 14, 2016

Milestone

teaching K how to sew on the sewing machine the baby guru cutting L's hair bye-bye crazy hair sweet love BEFORE by Holly making the marks getting ready piercing piercing pierced done! marking K's ears getting ready set up pierced almost done just need the earring last ear AFTER by Holly little guy so sweet and small celebration dinner at Vegan BBQ huggy monster c love baby guru like her mother baby kisses matchy hats and ears! friends Almost two months after the fact - I am finally able to get this post together! Our dear friends came out from Oregon for a week to be post-partum doulas. I was rather in an awful way when they came, not knowing anyone around here and really feeling the weight of not having my community back home. Our sweet friends lifted our spirits and grounded my mind. It felt like they brought the love of everyone in Portland with them. Words would never do justice to how grateful I am for them and their generosity.

My wonderful friend Holly is a baby (and child) whisperer, I swear! I warned her about Baby F's colic but once she arrived you would have thought I was lying. He was so at ease and content in her loving arms (can't you see it in those photos?!) She even got Little L to allow her to cut his hair - something I had been trying to do for months. I need to get her to teach me her ways.

Then of course there was her incredibly thoughtful daughter D with us, making my three older children full of smiles and happiness they haven't felt in quite some time. She is the closest in age to K but C and L love her just as much. She taught K how to sew on the sewing machine as well as how to free mount her unicycle.

But one of the biggest parts of their trip to see us was a pretty big milestone in K and D's lives, in my humble opinion. They got their ears pierced together. K has been waiting for this day for a long time but I wanted to make sure she was old enough to fully understand all the aspects of such a big decision and to be certain it was something she really wanted. After all, she would have the holes the rest of her life. Holly and I planned it all out ahead of time and I found a piercer in Boise who was reputable with children. In Portland that isn't hard to find, in fact there are quite a few of them, but it was quite the task finding one here. I am so very glad I took the time to ask around because we found Colby at Radiant Body Piercing. He didn't bat an eye when we showed up to our appointment with five children in tow or when Baby F cried (for almost the whole visit). He made the girls, who were full of nerves and excitement, feel at ease and was incredibly friendly, patient, gentle and fast. The girls were so brave and are extremely happy with their piercings. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. I know the girls will remember it their whole life. If you happen to live in the state of Idaho I have to say make the drive to go see him - he is so worth it!

We celebrated their big milestone by going out to BBQ4Life (we lovingly nicknamed it Vegan BBQ) afterwards. Oh what fun was had! What a night!! We will never forget this visit. Thank you, thank you dear friends for being your awe inspiring selves. WE LOVE YOU!


Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...