Thursday, April 25, 2013

The world needs confident, creative, thinking people (Why Waldorf Works)

036 from photoshoot at school (forgot the grade) 005 008 003 002 016 021 Waldorf grades curriculum The Waldorf cirriculum. Sorry for the poor photograph. This was in a dark corner at school. You can see some close ups in my flickr photostream by clicking any of these pictures above.

Portland Waldorf School from Jesse Michener on Vimeo.

Last night I sat down and watched this video you see above. I knew about five seconds into it that I needed to share it with all of you. It's about K's school (you can even see some of her classmates in it), but also speaks of Waldorf education in general. The images, the narration and the beauty instantly got to me. I admit to shedding a few tears while watching it. It really captured the esssence of what Waldorf education is all about, why we need it, and why it really works. I feel that it captured what my words can not express nor articulate about why having this education for our children is so very important to us. This is why we would move across the country to be part of it (we had to move due to Kevin's new job, so we selected 8 potential locations based around areas that had Waldorf schools). This is also why we are willing to go without for it; for our children. Who knows, maybe the video could even help some of our family to understand and support our decision.

Please check it out and tell me what you think!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...