Monday, April 29, 2013

Spring in Oregon

030 .: A small grouping of the bountiful trillium in our backyard :. moon light softened by the clouds and through our tall trees .: The soft glow of a full moon viewed through our tall coniferous trees :. finally snapped pics of our cherry blossoms finally snapped pics of our cherry blossoms! 020 .: I finally photographed the cherry blossoms outside our kitchen window, after three years of proclaiming every spring that I would (and then never getting around to it until it was too late and they were gone) :. more dogwood blossoms at school 127 161 .: Extraordinarily beautiful dogwood blossoms at K's school. They always make my heart skip a beat :. banana granola parfait (forks over knives)
.: Trying something new and loving it! I made some banana granola parfaits from the Forks Over Knives cookbook today. I added our favorite granola recipe instead of what they called for, though. This might be a new favorite treat. It's pretty versatile, too. It could work as a light breakfast or even a dessert thanks to it's natural sweetness. :.

Now I'm off to spend some much needed time with Kevin as we watch Colonial House. I am not a reality TV fan by any means, but I enjoy these PBS series (Frontier House, Texas Ranch House, etc.) and draw inspiration from them for our self-sufficient dreams. We are only two episodes in so far, but I am enjoying it.

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...