Friday, February 3, 2012

If Candlemas be fair and bright...







If Candlemas be fair and bright,
Come winter, have another flight;
If Candlemas bring clouds and rain,
Go winter, and come not again.


Candlemas candle fun:

At the threshold of a new season, what better way to celebrate than to surrender the old and prepare for the new! Your hoard of old candle stubs could now be melted down to make new candles, for use as gifts or for the other festivals of the year ahead.

From one of our favorite festival references All Year Round





















My poor baby's runny nose. I am currently listening to him on the monitor snoring as he tries to breathe through it.


C loves to visit their hens

The little ones and I had plans to roll candles again for Candlemas this year but when an invitation to spend the day with friends came our way we just couldn't refuse! We were asked to bring our old candle stumps to melt down and create new candles. The funny thing was that we didn't really have any. We tend to use our candles up with no leftovers. I searched around the house and eventually came up with two leftover egg candles we made last spring.

While K was hard at work making our candles, C and Baby L were partners in crime making mischief. Can you believe his pebble still fits?! They have been really becoming close lately, like two peas in a pod. I love to watch them interact. I have a feeling that they will be quite a handful together when Baby L gets a little bit bigger, but I am up for the challenge. I just can't get enough of that baby of mine - I want to squeeze him every chance I get. He is starting to want more time on the ground playing though, much to my dismay. Oh the art of letting go...

I took advantage of the rare moments of sunlight to snap a few pictures of the two rascals. I also tried to get a couple of Baby L crawling and standing. I feel so behind in the photograph department with Baby L. Our house is just so dark and hard to take pictures in so I am missing out on all of those precious moments.


The girls' freshly made Candlemas candles

After all of our mischief and candle making we came back home. The girls lit their new candles for dinner to end our perfect Candlemas day. Great company and great fun - what more could one ask for?!
How did you celebrate?

Happy Candlemas everyone!

P.S. - You can see a couple of our past Candlemas celebrations here.

P.P.S - More pictures of this year's Candlemas celebration over here.

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...