Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

I planned on posting quite a bit here today (including a hedgehog tutorial) but staying up late going over financial aid forms while dealing with a cold has me tuckered out. I also planned on posting before today but (again) that aformentioned cold prevented me. I will just have to talk about those things later in the week.



Baby' L's birthday crown is starting very slowly. I cut out the crown shape but haven't done much else. I am still debating if I should needle felt the images on or just cut out felt like I did for K and C's crowns.







I had some complications with Baby L's milo. Ok, what really happened is that I messed up my stitch count and didn't realize it until I was done with the upper body. I didn't feel like ripping it all out and starting over so instead I just changed gears and started a new milo with a different yarn. I could have photographed this yarn all day long. I love the color of it. It's called winter wheat and it's name suits it well. In fact, I was thinking of doing some kind of wheat cable on the milo instead of the traditional ones that come with the pattern. I fell in love with this one here, to be exact. The only (slightly major) problem is that chart goes from the bottom up and the milo is knit from the top down. I don't know how to reverse a twisted cable chart - do any of you?



I knit up another birthday gift for Baby L. He loves to play with our dogs' rubber toy balls so it seemed like he should have a ball of his own. I'm calling it his crossing the rainbow bridge ball. It's a pattern from Knitting for Baby: 30 Heirloom Projects with Complete How-to-Knit Instructions. I really like all the projects I have knit from that book, this one included. The ball was a fast knit, and it uses up those last little bits of scraps you have hanging around. I am now to the point where I felt it but I am changing up the pattern a bit by using a pre-felted ball inside of it instead of wool stuffing. This way I can machine wash it whenever it gets dirty. I am hoping I picked a good size ball to put inside. We'll see as I felt it. I'll let you know how it comes out.



I am also framing a new picture (thank you, Nadja) and finishing up some little projects for our school benefit auction next month, but more on those a bit later.

If you would like to join me and share your current works in progress please leave your link below. There are no rules, only that your link is current and something about a craft project (of any kind) you are working on. Please remember to link back here for all of us to see. It's as simple as that. Remember your post can be from any day of the week, it doesn't have to be today. Now please share and inspire us all!


What are you working on?! Happy creating!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...