Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Apparent Yellow Obsession

First and foremost I wanted to thank all of you for your comments on my post yesterday. Ok, minus being told I am 'full of myself' which has only saddened and confused me, but I assume it's just a misunderstanding. It's nice to be reminded that we are not in this alone. Oh you all brought such relief to my soul and a huge grin upon my face. Thank you! I hope I didn't come across too whiney. I am very happy doing all that I do, I can just get overwhelmed sometimes. The phrase 'simple living' is actually rather funny when you think about how much goes into living that way. The work is all completely satisfying and wonderfully rewarding,and believe me, I wouldn't have it any other way, but it is still work, nonetheless.

Now on to something a bit more fun - current projects!



C and I went to Kinko's - oh excuse me, FedEx office, now - the other day and copied some pictures from our favorite books. We then brought them home and framed them using some old frames sitting in a box in our garage. We are going to hang them all on a wall in our bare dining room to inspire our farm/homestead dreams.





I thought I would show all of you just how huge little L's up sized Little Coffee Bean Sweater is on him, too. See? I wasn't exaggerating. Quite ridiculous, don't you think?!



His work in progress is still that darn tooth. At least I think that's what it is. He is having issues nursing all of the sudden, too and can only seem to fall asleep if he is in a moving vehicle. My friend suggested I try some gripe water so I'll be swinging by the store today on our way to school. It hurts me so much to see my normally laid back, happy,easy going baby in such misery.



I have some embroidery work to finish up *ahem* start on a couple special projects for the girls. Strawberry season is almost here, you know. Goodness that is funny to read. I got used to the early strawberry season in Virginia which has come and gone by now, and here in Oregon ours is just starting.
I swear I didn't do it on purpose but I somehow did it again - more yellow.



Speaking of my apparent yellow obsession... I finished the body of my sweater for the Shalom Knit Along, hosted by the talented Linda over at Natural Suburbia. I am now starting my first sleeve. I added a section of the twisted ribbing (like in the yoke) to the bottom of the sweater, which I think I like. I am uncertain if I like the full nine rows of garter stitch underneath it. I may rip some of those out to make it shorter or I may just leave it as is. I plan on adding the twisted stitches to the cuffs of the sleeves as well so I guess I better figure out how many garter rows I want at the end of those sections soon.



But enough about my projects. What are you working on? Happy creating!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...