Monday, May 9, 2011

Out and About : Fort Vancouver

I have been thinking a lot lately about the beauty in the places we see every day, but seldom stop to savor. I decided I needed to make myself slow down and enjoy the scenery around us, no longer taking it for granted. To help in this endeavor I am photographing our usual times out and about, as well as places we have never been. This way I can fully soak it all in, as well as have these moments to look back at. Won't you join me? If you have any of your own out and about photos to share (new or old) please leave a link in the comments. Think 'corners of my home' but 'out of the home surroundings' instead. I know we would all love to see the beauty that surrounds you in your everyday life.



We recently took an unexpectedly fun family outing. Little L needed to be officially put under Kevin's health insurance policy and that meant a trip to Fort Vancouver.
We expected this to be a rather mundane chore but when we drove through the fort's gate we knew we would have to get out and explore. I was so happy that I brought my camera with me. Just look at the beauty and history we discovered.


Dandelion bouquet in a tree the girls called their 'gnome home'


K at their 'gnome home' entrance



I took quit a few photographs inside the reconstructed buildings. The buildings were just so beautiful, I couldn't pass up the chance. I kid you not - I love getting ideas for simple, self sufficient living from places like this so I try to document as much as I can.







We found wild rabbits on the grounds. Seeing the girls watch them reminded me of my childhood and trying to catch the wild rabbits that lived around my grandparent's home. I have so many fond memories of those times.














Can you tell I am a bit obsessed with candle lighting ideas right now?











This trip almost made me want to home school (following Steiner's methods still, of course). It was just so much fun exploring and learning as a family - I want to relive that feeling every day!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...