Sunday, April 6, 2014

Gnome! {Waldorf 2nd grade handwork by K}

gnome gnome gnome gnome K's gnome {2nd grade Waldorf handwork} K was my art director for this shot

I am very pleased to present K's most recently completed handwork project - a gnome (complete with a beard!) As I am sure you can see, K is very proud. I adore all of her handwork creations and love looking back at them later on and remembering what skill she learned with each one. This little guy taught her the art of purling, something she has been patiently waiting to learn. She started him back in November at the Portland Waldorf School with her dear classmates, took it with her when we moved and now just completed it last week. I think she finished the knitting for it in December but it just took us this long to sew it all together. Our rhythm is still pretty much all over the place so handwork days have fallen away a bit. But perhaps this finished work is just the inspiration we need to settle back into a good rhythm. I know how healing knitting is for me and I can see it work it's magic on K, too.  She has already cast on her next project- a pig! But shhh, she doesn't know what it is yet. I am guessing it won't take her too long to figure it out. You can see all of her handwork from 1st grade here.

Thank you for all of your comments on my last post. You reminded me that I am not alone in the way I think and parent and I really needed that - this little black sheep was beginning to feel lost.

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...