Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring fever

bouquet for c painting with produce little l painting produce painting (romaine, apple and broccoli) broccoli trees kevin's project for me Lent sewing on my mind curtains IMG_6306 curtains up! curtains

Spring is coming! I can sense it all around me, and feel that I can almost touch it - Soon enough I will!! It was 70 degrees in our little town today and that created quite a case of spring fever in our home (I think we are still used to Oregon weather so 70 degrees feels hot to us.) The children were full of energy and spent most of the day outside creating mud pies and getting their feet wet in the hose. Kevin and I focused more on things in the house. He worked on a little project of mine that I hope will help with our kitchen organization.

I did a little spring cleaning and rearranging. I found the curtains I made for our dining room in Oregon as I was unpacking a box and decided they would work in our living room. There is something about curtains that makes a space suddenly become your own - miniblinds and all! I am beginning to feel a bit more settled.

The weather has also put sewing on my mind. What is it about that brings about a need to sew?! Is it just me? I put together a pile of fabric from my stash to make into some spring/summer dresses for the girls and some shorts for little L. I am waiting on a new pattern purchase to arrive to get started on Little L's things but have already begun some sewing for the girls. I'll share more about that in my KCCO post this week.

And for my own sake (because I will forget) I have to share that the pictures at the top of this post are of a bouquet of flowers K picked for C (love!) and an impromptu produce painting/stamping session. They used romaine hearts, apples and broccoli. I love K's rainbow broccoli trees.

I wish you all a happy Saint Patrick's day! I'm so looking forward to our Saint Patrick lessons and making some Colcannon for dinner.

"Did you ever eat Colcannon, made from lovely pickled cream?
With the greens and scallions mingled like a picture in a dream.
Did you ever make a hole on top to hold the melting flake
Of the creamy, flavoured butter that your mother used to make?"


"Yes you did, so you did, so did he and so did I.
And the more I think about it sure the nearer I'm to cry.
Oh, wasn't it the happy days when troubles we had not,
And our mothers made Colcannon in the little skillet pot."


Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...