Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I will learn to love the skies I'm under

Sirius Sirius high in the sky

Can you spot Sirius in the above photos?

more sunsets My knitting buddy/lap warmer chalkboard

My sanguine and melancholic temperaments have been battling it out lately. Truth be told, they are usually going head to head, but it seems more pronounced at the moment. I like to think sanguine wins more times than not, and if it doesn't, I can learn to love the skies I'm under.

Our house back in Oregon hasn't sold and I feel like it is sucking the life out of me. We had a small, glorious break of sorts with our bills, but very soon we will be dealing with the mortgage on that house eating up more than 80% of Kevin's paycheck. I trust that one way or another things will work out but oh, the sleepless nights spent worrying about it! Don't worry about anything, pray about everything - Wisdom from my K.

I am still in the planning stages of K's homeschooling. I am not too worried about it as we are only a about month behind and I plan on doing school year round anyways. We should be a able to catch up fast. In the meantime I have unknowingly been doing some unschooling with her. I didn't realize it until my friend Grace told me to read A Little Way of Homeschooling. What an uplifting book! I have been reading it every night before bed and am nearly finished. The book echoes what I have already been feeling in my heart and in my head - my relationship with K comes before schooling. I believe this to be true with all parent/child relationships and schooling methods  - public, private, Waldorf, Montessori, homeschooling - you name it.

And on yet another random topic - I decided that I really need to get back on a schedule of waking up before my children and hopefully even blogging early in the morning. I just can't articulate anything after a long day and my writing has greatly suffered from trying to do so. Thank you to all of you that have stuck with me through these times. I hope that the pretty pictures helped a bit.

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...