Monday, August 6, 2012

Be careful what you wish for

Air show

Thunderbirds

On Saturday we made our yearly trip to the local Air Show. Unlike the previous years, we ended up having to stay the entire day (due to Kevin's work schedule there). Of course the fact that I would be out all day by myself with my little ones meant that I would have something not work in my favor. I am not sure what was wrong with me that day but I forgot everything I could possibly need - the most important thing being my Ergo! When I discovered that was not in the van I thought I would just have Baby L try to walk, but wait - I forgot his shoes, too. I think it's safe to say I had a rough go that morning, but I moved forward and tried not to think about it.

Around noon or so we were feeling quite hot and hungry so we went back to our van to cool down and eat some of the food we brought with us. When I turned the van on I saw this:

at noon

No wonder we felt to hot! I guess I need to be careful what I wish for!!

Air show

I thought it best for us to hang out a bit longer than I planned in there to help keep cool. Plus, the natural sunblock I picked up from the health food store was pretty worthless. It literally flaked off of my children's skin as I applied it.
After I felt we were cool and hydrated enough, we ventured back out (with lots of water) and enjoyed our day. I think Baby L had the most fun. He watched every plane very intently.

Veggie Grill

Veggie Grill

After the Air Show we stopped at one of our favorite places for a rare treat. Heaven! There is something about having the night off from cooking that makes this Mama in a state of extreme happiness.

Veggie Grill

Veggie Grill

Baby L was quite happy with his food, minus the lemon he tried!

I hope you all had a beautiful weekend.

p.s- I burst into a fit of giggles upon seeing this as we drove to Veggie Grill:

I don't wanna wait for our lives to be over

I don't wanna wait, for our lives to be over... It has been years, but please tell me that you know what I am talking about! I didn't mention it to Kevin because knew he would have no clue and just give me a 'you're crazy' look.

p.p.s - Later that day:

...later that day

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...