Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link below.

KCCO - selfish

Selfish knitter alert!
Even though summer has finally hit us in the Pacific North West. I have had winter on my mind. The thought of freezing for another three seasons in this house (we are still trying to fix it up to put on the market) has me frantically searching for ways to stay warm. Since I am slightly ahead of the game for birthday and Christmas knitting I thought this would be a good time to throw in a little project for myself. I hope these will help me feel toasty since I live in skirts all year round. Well, minus the time I was pregnant with Baby L and shortly thereafter. I fell off the skirt wagon due to freezing my butt off and only having maternity clothes for the hot season (since my other two pregnancies were in S. Korea and Virginia).

Speaking of skirts, do any of you know of a good place or two to look for modest skirts (I like mine to be to the knee or longer)? I can't seem to find any. I just looked at some pictures Kevin took of me wearing one of my mid-calf length skirts and I realized I can NOT pull that length off. My legs look twice the size they really are. Not flattering on me at all! The sad part about that is I have been wearing this skirt for at least four years and never noticed how horrible it looked on me. I tend to avoid mirrors as much as I can, so in my head it looked ok. I think I will be looking in the mirror from time to time from now on!

KCCO - My Geisha

But back to my project - The yarn somewhat reminds me of my special fur ball Geisha. I rescued her right after my cat who was with me for 20 years passed away. My elusive kitty is rather spastic (She was a feral cat and they found her living inside a wall), so she never sits still long enough for me to get a picture of her. This is the best I could do. Hopefully you can see the resemblance between her fur and the yarn colorway.

Now please excuse me while I knit and finish watching the series finale of Dawson's Creek. Did I really just type that?! I never did see the finale or the last year (maybe more) of the show and yesterday's post had me reminiscing. That's my excuse and I sticking to it!

p.s - Thank you everyone from the very bottom of my heart for your support and confidence in me with homeschooling! I really needed that!! I'll have a post with some of my plans up soon.

If you would like to link up and share your current works in progress (or finished works) please leave your link below. It can now be either to your specific blog post or Flickr photo. There are no rules, only that your link is current and something about a craft project (of any kind) you are working on. Don't forget that there is now a KCCO Flickr group for you to share your crafting photos at anytime.

Please remember to link back here so that others who may want to join KCCO can find us.

It's as simple as that. Remember your post can be from any day of the week, it doesn't have to be today. We all love feedback so if you have a moment please leave a comment on some of the KCCO posts you may visit. I know from my own experience just how much your comments really motivate me! Now please share and inspire us all!


Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...