Sunday, June 9, 2019

Homeschooling journey




THIS. This is what makes it all worth it. If you've followed my blog since the beginning (or close to it) you know our long, rather complicated schooling journey. From a Waldorf school we loved to reluctant homeschoolers due to wanting a Waldorf education but moving a state away from said Waldorf school. I struggled immensely with schooling my oldest - her strong-will coupled with my self-doubt was a recipe for disaster. There were many days I felt like throwing in the towel and calling the nearest public school but something always held me back. We added two more children to our schooling lessons (and a crazy baby/toddler that wants all attention on him), moved two times more to two different states and somehow our homeschooling carried on. Dare I say we actually even started liking it? There are still days that make me want to throw in the towel and I will probably never be that homeschooling mother that gushes about how easy and perfect homeschooling is, but I am so very thankful that I get to spend every hour of every day with all my children. As we all know, time is fleeting and before I know it my children will be grown and off on their own. I don't want to miss a moment with them due to fears and self-doubt.

I came on here just to share this beautiful beeswax sculpture of the Ingalls family that C presented to me on the last day of school (we incorporated Playful Pioneers into our school year) along with a handmade card from K that made me cry. Instead I ended up typing a novel! Anyways, mamas if you struggle with schooling just know it gets better!! I can vouch for that! You got this!!

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Dawn said...

How sweet! None of us home educate for any reward or praise but to have your children recognize, at such a young age, the enormous blessing of the path you have chosen, Is truly remarkable. What heartfelt letters! Thanks for sharing so honestly and encouraging your fellow Mamas. Peace!

Darlene said...

I'm a homeschooling mom whose youngest is 20 and oldest is 31 and every word you have shared is so true. I am finished with the "formal" everyday schooling but I can honestly say I would do it all over again in a second and miss even the most frustrating of days. It is a privilege that I thank the hand of God for providing me. The precious years stream by like a rapid river and yet, instead of a handful of vacations or brief school holidays, I had the real living with my children, the good and the bad, the "a ha!" moments and the tears, the unexpected day off and the lovely trek in the wood. My children are now discussing making it work for them as they step closer to parenthood and guess what? They are inviting me along in that journey and my heart just sings!!!!! I love your blog. It is like coming home to a comfortable, well known place I have in my heart. Blessings to you as you continue on this incredible journey!!

FrontierDreams said...

Thank you so much Dawn. I was a bit nervous to share our struggles but felt the need to!

FrontierDreams said...

Darlene thank you for sharing your wisdom and experience!! Your sweet comment has reassured me in so many ways. Thank you for taking the time to inspire and lift us up!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...