Sunday, June 24, 2018

*Weekend*


hoop dance I need a better lens for these events! I already told Kevin that as soon as we are out of debt the first thing I am saving up for is another lens so I can capture photos from farther away. I love my 50mm but man it only works well somewhat close up.
caught too short Father's day Daddy and his boys Daddy and his boys so much fun! buddy guys IMG_7858 Old Nara swimming for the first time our creek I started this post last Sunday when my computer went haywire. I thought it best to go ahead a post it now while my computer is being nice. 😂

We enjoyed a full Father's Day weekend last weekend. Kevin's Father's Day request was that we go to the Eastern Delaware Nations Forksville Powwow about an hour away from us. We ended up spending most of Saturday there. All of my children were captivated by the drums and the beautiful dances, despite the heat. K was engrossed most of all. She didn't want to leave even for a break in the shade to cool down. Needless to say some of us (me and my children that are mini-mes) ended up sunburned and with a bit of heat stroke. It was worth it. I left there inspired and ready to take on our upcoming school year (lots of Native American studies happening this year).

After Mass that Sunday K made Kevin a batch of peanut butter cookies from 100 Days of Real Food and we spent most of the day outside. Our chicks got "chick recess" (as Kevin calls it) outside by our blueberry bushes for an hour. It is so much fun to watch them out there. It was even hotter Sunday than it was Saturday so we spent a good chunk of the day playing in our creek. We got to watch Nara really swim for the first time (she has always just waded in water everywhere we have ever lived). What a weekend!

p.s. - I had to share a little video of Baby F. He obviously really enjoyed watching the hoop dance at the Powwow. He set up his fire just like they did and everything. He was much more animated the first time around but of course as soon as I break out the camera he gets shy. 🙈

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...