Thursday, June 9, 2016

small triumphs

herbal solar oil infusion with lavender, chickweed, plantain, caldendula and chamomile homemade lotion pumpkin yogurt masks C isn't so sure pumpkin yogurt face mask oil pulling chews evening making yep i had to label it otherwise one of my kiddos would have tried eating it! napping sweetness
My little ones and I have been busy in the kitchen lately, but not cooking food, as one would think. We have been concocting every day products like rosemary hair rinse (to hopefully help my postpartum bald spots grow back faster), pumpkin yogurt face masks, body scrub, (all from Taproot magazine), turmeric oil pulling chewslaundry stain remover and my personal favorite - lotion. Goodness how I treasure that lotion recipe, especially here in the dry Idaho desert. It's the only thing that has worked to stop my skin from painfully cracking. One thing I change in the recipe, though, is to use an oil infused with chamomile, calendula, lavender, chickweed and plantain (seen pictured above). Those herbs are powerhouses when it comes to dry skin and thankfully, readily available in my garden. The next project on my list is tackling homemade soap. I think I can get past my fear of lye with the help of my friend Natalie.

You know me, I love creating and making anything I can (I have shared recipes in the past on here for things like toothpaste and deodorant) but what started this desire to make even more of our things than we already did was watching the documentary The Human Experiment. It has me even more inspired and determined to make all that I can myself. Check it out if you haven't already! Now don't get me wrong, I would love it if I could make every.single.thing we use/consume but I am being gentle on myself knowing that is not realistic in this season of life (with homeschooling and a new baby).

A person can make themselves crazy trying to do it all. Believe me, I have tried in the past! I know there are blogs out there written by people that seem to accomplish so much (and good for them!) but I realize they are just like me, sharing their small triumphs. I know doing it all is just not feasible for me...or really anyone. Who knows, perhaps someday I will magically find more time in my days but for now I shall just be content in my small victories and accomplishments.

P.S. - Baby photos totally unrelated but absolutely adorable.

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...