Wednesday, June 15, 2016

pitter patter

garden bouquet from my girls peaceful happy who's there? who is that?! yay it's big brother!
Pitter patter, pitter patter. I sit at my desk sipping my tea and typing on the computer. The rain is gently knocking on my windowsill as a breeze blows through our garden sending calendula flower petals dancing in the air. Kevin just went out the door with all four (!) dogs to go for a run. My children are tucked safely into bed (but surely still awake whispering to one another). I sit here in the warmth of my home sifting through photographs and reflecting on the past few days.

I think of some mothers' sons and daughters that they will never get to hold again. My head lifts up in prayer as my heart breaks. I embrace my children more, as if that will somehow help. I feel helpless and hopeless in light of such hatred and tragedy. Then Kevin gently reminds me that change begins within. We all can let our lights shine to those around us and share love and compassion. Because love conquers all. We can all be the good this world needs. Just as my children have been singing since C's birthday, "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me."

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...