Monday, June 1, 2015

In gratitude

baby killdeer baby killdeer baby killdeer

I want to thank all of you for the incredibly kind feedback you have given me in response to my last post. I deeply appreciate all your comments and emails. Words can not say how much all of your comments touched me. Seriously, you reached my inner core. Thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart for your support, encouragement and for having the courage to share your own journeys. I know I am not the only one you touched. You are all such an amazing community and I feel so very blessed and honored to "know you" through this little space online.

Knowing that your prayers are with me makes this heaviness I carry seem so much lighter. Please know I am including all of you in my prayers, too. There is so much power in that.

Rhonda mentioned fostering and I am so glad that she did (thank you Rhonda!)! My heart is very open to the idea of fostering as well as adopting. I have wanted to adopt ever since Kevin and I lived in South Korea (about 10 years ago). I was pregnant with K at the time. We had to have an ultrasound done while we were there and were far enough along to find out if the baby was a boy or a girl. Curiosity got the best of us, so we decided we wanted to find out. We had to speak through a translator but we begged and begged the doctor to tell us and he kept saying "No". Finally the translator explained to us that the doctor refuses to tell parents if their baby is a boy or girl because the mothers would abort the baby if it was a girl. My heart literally fell to the floor. I stopped begging him and respected him incredibly for taking a stand the way he did (although he eventually did tell us we had a girl).That moment is forever engraved in my mind. Every time I think about those girls my heart breaks all over again. I made a vow that I would return there someday and adopt at least one baby girl (I was informed that most girls that do make it to birth are abandoned). Unfortunately I can not seem to get Kevin on board with the idea, but I am still holding on to hope!

And not very related but absolutely adorable - The photographs above were from a mini rescue of Killdeer babies today. Are they not the cutest things ever?! It's such a gift to get the chance to help such small things!


Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...