Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Eeyore analogy (and a Little House shawl)

making the family a smoothie K K's "Made by children smoothie" recipe little house shawl with wooly moss roots shawl pin little house shawl little house shawl little house shawl little house shawl IMG_6047 wooly moss roots shawl pin *LOVE* little house shawl little house shawl IMG_6153
angel shadow
little house shawl


Daylight savings time has been kicking my butt. I can't seem to fall asleep before 1:00 am and have been sleeping in until 8:30-9:00. I appear to continuously wake up on the wrong side of the bed - and the whole family has noticed. My cranky mood has rubbed off on them, too. Not a good thing, for sure! Today K decided to wake me up with a smoothie she concocted herself complete with recipe (aptly named made by children smoothie.) She tells me that the best way to start the day is with a green smoothie, otherwise we all end up like Eeyore. I am not sure if it was due to her smoothie or analogy, but I instantly felt happier.

In tribute to the girl who never ceases to amaze me, please allow me to share with you her beloved Christmas gift - the little house shawl.  But please do forgive the pictures, like I said DST has been throwing me way off in every way possible. This shawl has become part of her daily wardrobe. She wears it around the house and whenever we go out. Occasionally a baby doll or kitty of ours gets wrapped in it, too. To her it is the perfect accessory for children, dolls and cats alike. I can't argue with her, I think it's pretty great myself. It stays on her nicely thanks to the beautiful hand carved shawl pin made by Wooly Moss Roots. I was telling Taryn how we needed a shawl pin but I wasn't finding anything I really loved and that was safe enough for K to wear. Then she showed me the ones her husband Jeff had just made and they were exactly what we were looking for! I think I might need to eventually get one for myself and my Multnomah Falls shawl, although C has stolen that shawl on me. Maybe I need to knit her her own shall, as well. The list just keeps on growing!

p.s. - I will go into more details later but I would love to know your favorite place to buy organic seeds from. Specifically (but not limited to) kale, herbs, tomatoes, and flowers of every kind. Thanks in advance!



Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...