Monday, July 15, 2013

A vagabond in my own home : a nighttime weaning update

IMG_3620

We are now on week two of nighttime weaning. So far the whole process has had it's ups and downs, but it's nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be. Little L is taking it much better than I  -  I am so thankful for that! I guess he was ready for this. The first couple of nights I explained to him that he would be sleeping with Daddy and that "Mama umps" (that's his silly name for nursing) were resting until morning time. He responded with, "Okay, Mama" and that was that. He wakes up once a night but he falls back to sleep in mere moments to Kevin's whisper, "I love you".

Kevin has been a huge help cuddling with him each night while I find one uncomfortable place to sleep after another. To my surprise Kevin is actually enjoying this, for the most part. He has even been sleeping in a bit longer each morning just to have extra time with his little guy. I am slightly jealous and missing my little snuggly baby. It's a bit lonely by myself, even with this great book by my side!

I think it's become a game for Little L to try and find me in the morning. I have been sleeping in just about every nook and cranny of our home trying to find someplace that doesn't make my back ache. I have even spent a night sleeping on the dog bed (an old futon mattress) with Beowulf.

All in all, I think things are progressing quite well. I don't want to rush him or push him past what he is ready for so we are just taking it slow. However, I am quite curious about my state of rest. I don't know if I got less sleep before with Little L nursing all night or now with sleeping in uncomfortable places. Maybe this week I can try to sneak back into my own bed, but we'll just see how it goes. One baby step at a time!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...