Wednesday, March 13, 2013

On these last days of winter

453 455 474 511 541 534 320 390 414 402 444 434 429 501 499 493 Before I know it our little world will no longer be dormant but very busy and alive filled with lush, green landscapes and the songs of spring. I thought about this many times over the past couple of months while keeping warm by the wood stove. I may have even dreamed about it. But as much as I have been (and still am) looking forward to spring, I want to just pause and savor these last few quiet moments of winter. It has such a unique allure that can not be denied.

I know a little pussy,
her coat is pearly grey.
She lives out in the meadow,
not very far away.

She'll always be a pussy,
She'll never be a cat.
For she is a pussy willow,
Now, what do you think of that?

Meow, meow.
Meow, meow, meow.

                                    -Traditional Waldorf Kindergarten verse
                            (C and I have been enjoying this song at circle time)

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...