Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The three R's







K's needle felted nativity. She made this a few days before Christmas to place under the tree. She even made a second set for C because she noticed how much C was admiring them. (Sister love!) She set it all up with Mary,Joseph, an angel and the pine branch/pipe cleaner manger waiting on Baby Jesus. Then after mass on Christmas Eve she led us in a procession from downstairs to our living room upstairs singing 'O Come Emmanuel' with C in the very back carrying Baby Jesus to place in the manger. If you could have only seen the pride in both of their faces. That was a moment I will always hold in my heart.




















Taking a break from cookie making to watch our neighbor's Christmas lights come on. Such magic for little ones!





Hello there! While my absence probably wasn't noticed, I still feel the need to check in quick and let you all know I am still around. With my current slump I felt the need to relax and let go for a bit. I have been practicing the three R's: Reading, Relaxing and (Real) knitting, ok I am stretching it with that third R. I really needed this - my family really needed this. I have been happily spending my nights alternating between reading and knitting K's Phoebe sweater. My knitting is still feeling like a chore to me and going rather slowly but I only have the hood left and should have it done to give her on Epiphany. No pictures to prove it, my camera is on a well deserved break, as well.

I am very happy that I decided to read Story of a Soul after all. This book is true inspiration and encouragement. I almost feel as if some of it was written to/for me, her words echoing in my soul. Thank you, again dear Ginny, for your kindness. (This time I got your link right!)

We are still in the midst of celebrating the twelve days of Christmas with Epiphany coming up this Friday. For us that means Christmas crafts are still being made, cookies being baked, Christmas music being played - such a wonderful time. I have been doing a lot of thinking these past days and have had quite a few epiphanies of my own. I'll be back to share more on that later. I really just wanted to say 'Hi'. All is truly well over here! I hope you are all having a wonderful, wonderful week. I'll be back later in the week wit more posts (and responses to past posts), if not before then.

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...