Monday, January 4, 2010

K's gifts to us



K and I had a magical mama-daughter day together in December at the Micha-el Waldorf School, thanks to Mel of Haddy2dogs who let us know about it! I love days when we get some one-on-one time together. That is when K made her Christmas presents for Kevin, C and I. She put so much thought and energy into each one. We all loved them. C might have loved her a bit too much, she took a bite out of one of hers...

I am sharing our day in pictures because I took far too many!




Creating her lantern


Deeply engaged in drawing


Waiting for her turn at the beeswax ornament making





The wonderful Jessica of The Moon Goat and Crazy Momma Productions teaching the kids to make pin cushions.


My gift - a moon and star lantern


One of C's gifts - a beeswax star ornament, as I mentioned above, she ate her other present... it WAS a beeswax moon.


a couple of Daddy's gifts - magnets with K's drawings inside of a stone. She made 6 of these for Daddy, I think these were her favorite things to make.





I have many more pictures of the school uploaded to my flickr page as well as the flickr Waldorf Kindergarten and early childhood classrooms group. Please check out this wonderful school, proof that a Waldorf education can be achieved on a budget.

I planned on having all of our Christmas pictures and posts done by this Wednesday, the last day of the 12 days of Christmas but I think it may be carried out until the end of the week, instead. I still have so much to share!

Wishing you many magical moments of your own!!

Share/Bookmark

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I will be popping over to Flickr to see more of your photos...

Joy said...

What a fantastic idea! K did a great job on all her presents. :)

Linda said...

Hello Nicole,
Thanks so much for popping by my blog :) What a lovely day you and your little one had together, such beautiful photos... The lantern is lovely.
Warmly
Linda

waldorfmama said...

what a wonderful, magical day you must have had together! and what a treat to get to see mel and jessica (you lucky girl, you). i love the beautiful gifts that K made (we had some similar treasures made for us at our winter faire here). :) and i think i recognize K's dress? :) much love and happy new year to you and your sweet family, nicole! ~ shelley

Tonya Gunn said...

Thank you for sharing the inspiring, creative photographs.
How lucky you both were to have that day together.
Warm wishes,
Tonya

Anonymous said...

She's so absolutely beautiful! And those gifts! Gorgeous and so, so sweet! :-)

Anna said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

this is so nice! I love that they helped her make gifts for you guys.

Jennifer said...

What wonderful gifts, and all the memories that go with making them. Thanks for sharing.

Adele said...

What inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

Pussnae said...

Love the little lantern!

Beth said...

I see many wonderful things in this post, especially your child making things and then her beautiful creations. But I was also very, very touched by the last picture, the little creche, so simple and sweet. love, Beth

TheSingingBird said...

Nicole, your posts continue to inspire...everything is so lovely...!

Blessings for the New Year to you and your family!

I just left a note for Marina that Puppenstube opened an etsy shop today! Yay!! :)

Daniela said...

These are wondeful presents to receive!! :-)

Mona said...

Thanks for sharing photos - I love to get a glimpse of other waldorf schools all over the world - the joy of recognition as well as new inspiration. Sweet gifts your little one made!

Nicole said...

I am totally cracking up about the fact that C ATE one of her presents. Sounds like something Pita Pocket would do. :)

Simple Mama said...

:) Lovely. You must alert me to more of these crafting days. I seem to be out of the loop.

renee ~ heirloom seasons said...

What a little sweetheart K is! And how lucky you are to have such a wonderful school to visit.

I just caught up on your WIP Christmas post too. The quilts look beautiful! I LOVE your choice of fabrics and colors!

About the catnip mice though... now you can't blame the kitties for attacking your wool!

christine ~ ourdayourjourney said...

so lovely. i hope to do some of those magical gems sson. thanks for sharing you wonderful day.

Heather said...

Those are just the sweetest treasures. The photographs are so gorgeous,, they just melt your heart

Nadya said...

What beatiful kids!! & what a sweet job K did!! She reminds me of my youngest granddaughter (5 next week) - & love the little felt nativity folk! I've done several wee nativity sets using sheets of felt - & have made felt, but don't think I've done any quite like these!! I usually embroider little happy faces - yours are adorable!

BirchLeaf Designs - Wendy and Mojo said...

What a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...