Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture or two and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link below.
KCCO - campfire knitting photo from 2013

We had such a fun time hiking with L's Trail Life troop that I completely forgot to snap a Crafting On photo. I am cheating and using an old photo from 2013 but it is at least of the project I am currently working on. I just found my unfinished sweater in a box as I was cleaning out my office closet. I hadn't touched it in nearly three years. I am still in love with it but K was with me when I pulled it out and she let out a squeal when she saw it. It is her favorite color, after all. I let her try it on and it actually fits her rather well. So I thought I would finish it up (it just needs the sleeves) and surprise her on her birthday with it. She will treasure it more than I ever could. And who knows, maybe I can get around to knitting myself another one someday in the future.

I wanted to thank all of you for your encouraging and thoughtful comments on my post yesterday. I felt a bit silly and like I just typed up a long whine after I hit the publish button. I almost took it down. But it also felt good to just get that out there. Your responses truly made see it all from a different perspective and helped me to make peace with it all. Thank you, truly.

What are you working on? Happy creating!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...