Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture or two and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link below.
KCCO baby blanket KCCO - Scandinavian swap

I wanted to share a little something fun I knit up recently for yet another swap. This one was a Scandinavian Christmas swap. I was initially thinking of something Santa Lucia inspired but there was an overwhelming desire for hedgehogs in the swap so I went with that. I knit five of these cute little hedgies (a new design by Linda Dawkins at Natural Suburbia) and then sewed up some wool toadstools to go with them. Every hedgehog needs a toadstool, right?

I am addicted to these swaps, I know. I swear this is my last one until after the baby is here though so I can concentrate on all those cute little baby knits. Speaking of, I started on the baby's first blanket. It is a pattern I have been admiring for a long time. When it was first released I just knew that I wanted to knit it for a future baby. I just didn't realize it would be years before I would get the chance to cast on. Very much worth the wait, though (the blanket, too). The pattern is Dogwood by Tin Can Knits. It reminds me of the beautiful dogwood trees we had at Portland Waldorf School as well as the Legend of the Dogwood. Two things I will be happy to think of as I soak in all the sweet baby goodness that will be wrapped within it.

What are you working on? Happy creating!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...