Sunday, November 9, 2014

Pied Piper (Martinmas prep)

glimmer lantern glimmer on her flute for Martinmas 123 pied piper pied piper pied piper pied piper
My little Pied Piper and her follower

When K and I have her music lessons 8 out of our 9(!) furry family member run in the opposite direction as fast as they can. While Simpkin actually comes galloping towards the music and gets as close as she can. She seems to be enchanted by the music. She is such a unique cat.

K amazes me with her musical abilities. Mr. Conlon (her teacher back at PWS) gave her a wonderful foundation and it seems to me that she can do just about anything, thanks to him. There is nothing I enjoy more than hearing her music fill our house. I am not at all musically inclined. I have tried with many different instruments in my lifetime but never was able to pick it up. David Darcy's book and cd have helped us immensely. She just listens to him play the song and she can figure it out and pick it up in a matter of minutes. She has even said that she could teach me. I think I might take her up on that, it would be fun but also quite challenging for her. Right now she is working on Glimmer Lantern Glimmer for our Martinmas lantern walk on Tuesday. You can hear it here (it's the second song.)

I wanted to thank all of you so very much for your encouraging and supportive words on my last post via comments and emails. That post really was all over the place and barely made any sense, so thank you for sticking it out with me. I admit I was a bit fearful of ridicule (which probably would have crushed me at that point), but am so thankful for the love and acceptance I was shown. Thank you for letting me know I am not alone.Your voices really helped me to find the strength to reevaluate my expectations and find peace in where we are at. 

p.s. - I know K should be standing for her recorder lessons, she needed a rest when I took these pics.
p.p.s. - Thank you Meadow for your suggestion of Teaching From Rest. I have been listening to the audio files at night and have started reading the book (although I really can't read books on computers so I plan to print it out this week.) So much wisdom in one place!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...