Sunday, March 2, 2014

I choose happiness

Beowulf and Ozi Nara and Ozi
Puppy playdate at our house with Ozi, a male German Shepherd that Kevin is pet sitting for one of his co-workers. You can see the dog fur tumbleweeds blowing in our yard from Beowulf. He is blowing his winter coat. The last photo of Ozi with Nara had us in fits of giggles. If you knew Nara, you would understand. Her bark is much worse than her bite! The dogs all had a blast.

Super late night sewing for Kevin
Sewing patches onto Kevin's SAR uniform for a weekend event.

Wooly Moss Roots Buttons Jonathan Livingston Seagull Jonathan Livingston Seagull Jonathan Livingston Seagull Jonathan Livingston Seagull Jonathan Livingston Seagull Jonathan Livingston Seagull Jonathan Livingston Seagull Jonathan Livingston Seagull Jonathan Livingston Seagull Jonathan Livingston Seagull LOVE
Yep, it's another installment of photographs of past knits. Sorry! If it's any consolation, I think I only have one more thing to photograph. I couldn't help myself, Little L was enjoying some warmer weather outside in what is quite possibly one of my favorite knits. Such a sweet moment. The sweater is called the Livingston and it was his Christmas gift. I am smitten with the seagulls on it and so is little L. He actually calls it his seagull sweater. As usual, I knit it a size up so it's quite roomy on him at the moment, but that just means more months of Jonathan Livingston Seagull LOVE.

Puppy playdates, staying up late working on a sewing project with Kevin, playing with Little L out in the fresh air. Ah yes, that is how I want to remember this weekend. I am making a deliberate choice to focus on these little things that bring a smile to my face and to try to forget learn from, and move on from the struggles with a child of mine who may be at the beginning of the nine year change. Because really, if I choose to focus and put emphasis on the negative, it would be easy to fall into a downward spiral of sadness, doubt and self pity. Instead, I choose the path of happiness and love, taking each thing in stride and trying to remember to see the bigger picture. Some moments may be harder than others but I am striving, and that's what matters.

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...