Sunday, November 17, 2013

limbo (or our new adventure)

K's shop open for business 069 sibling love 043 shop hours fungi fun fungi fun car shoes - best things ever!! car shoes Beowulf He loves his daddy!!

We have been trying to really slow down and treasure these last moments here in Oregon but life has a way of speeding things up on us. Kevin received word last Thursday that his orders are now official and we have to move. Just when I was allowing myself to get comfortable again. The news hurt almost as much as the first time we heard it. We tried again in vain to push the moving date back, but there was no way around it this time. I don't want to share too many details just yet but they'll be coming very soon (you know, just like you wouldn't share that you were leaving for vacation on your Facebook page). So much is happening much faster than we expected. These past few months of worry and stress have brought my first gray hairs. Something I wasn't expecting at 34. I can't seem to pluck them fast enough! But perhaps getting this move behind us will help to ease the anxiety, and those pesky gray hairs, too.

One thing I wanted to put out there simply because my stomach gets tied in knots whenever anyone asks me about it: No, our house hasn't sold and no, it's not even on the market yet. Yes, this is a big problem. Okay, now that that's out of the way we can move on...

This will be K's very last week of school. I will be having meetings with a few of K's teachers to figure out what she has already learned and where I should pick up. I am already thinking we'll take the month of November off so I have time to properly plan out our lessons and also to give us time to adjust and ease into our new life.

I am frantically running around packing up any necessities we will need for at least a month long stay in temporary lodging, returning all our library books, stocking up on homeschooling supplies, trying to see our friends as much as possible, gathering things we won't be able to get locally in Idaho and even kissing a few trees here and there. I even ordered a beautiful print of Multnomah falls (taken by this extremely talented and wonderful to talk to photographer) to hang in our Idaho house to remind us that our home will be waiting for us.

I do look forward to our new adventure, as much as it pains me to leave here. I seem to be going through a bit of the grieving process again but it shall pass. We will be together as a family and that is truly all that matters. It's just so hard to make such a big change and say goodbye!

P.S. - Any suggestions for making it feel like Advent and Christmas while living in limbo in a hotel room? I am packing up our Nativity scene, a few decorations, some music, and lots of crafts to make, but that's all I can think of. We won't be able to make our own Advent wreath from trees in our woods this year so I am hoping we'll be able to find one there.

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...