Wednesday, July 11, 2012

a first

first haircut!

first haircut!

first haircut!

first haircut!

first haircut!


Little mouse nests in your hair,
tangled mouse nests everywhere,
little mousies making mischief,
brushing your nests out hurts,
Ouch!
- from This Is the Way We Wash a Day


K will tell you that this song is sung in our home far too many times a day, and I have to agree with her. Her hair is constantly full of mouse nests, no matter how many times we brush it or put it up in braids. I kid you not - we would brush her hair right before we left for school in the morning and by the time we arrived to her classroom you couldn't even tell it was ever brushed. I think it's just the nature of her hair.

Today on a whim I decided to do something about it. On our way to get Kevin some creamer we stopped at a salon. I told K we were there to cut her hair and that she could decide how short she wanted it. I would say she was thrilled at the idea but that would be an understatement! She had never had a haircut before this (minus self inflicted ones seen here), so this was pretty big. I am glad I happened to lug around my camera that day to capture this moment.

K chose to get a bob about to her jawline and I think it looks pretty darn cute on her. I was a bit nervous during the whole process that she was having second thoughts because she was very quiet and still - very unlike my K! As we left she became all smiles though and I realized she was just taking it all in. Phew! She played with her much shorter hair as we walked to the grocery store and asked if I would take a picture of her new haircut by the flowers for sale. Something tells me she will remember this day. I know I will.

p.s - Thank you for your kind words and encouragement in my last post. Perhaps I will come out of this shell of mine more often ;)

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...