Monday, January 9, 2012

Rhythm In Our Home : Unintentional Traditions

















A few Christmas day photos - yes, C is wearing a snow suit in the pictures. It was a Christmas gift and she just had to wear it right away. Baby L and I were/are very excited that Nana got him Freddie's Blanket. I see new knitting projects on the horizon.



Sometimes the best family traditions are the ones that you never even intended to become traditions in the first place. The ones started on a whim, that you didn't think you would do again. For us, our yearly Christmas walk/hike is one of those traditions. We started it last year, when the girls received a canopyfor their red wagon and needed to test it out.

Then when this Christmas came it was such a beautiful day that we all felt that we had to be outside. It didn't seem like Christmas if we didn't take that walk. This time, instead of our usual neighborhood/cemetery walk we hiked an unexplored (by us) area in our woods.



K and C both walked Nara. C got upset when Nara took off on her, though. We then thought it best that Daddy walk Nara.



Every time we pass through the cemetery by our house, K collects wild flowers or flower petals she finds on the ground and places them at the graves that do not have any. I love that she does this.



















Hows that for unexpected??











Arms filled with treasures, as always.



Oh yes, this is a family favorite tradition we will continue year after year, no matter the weather or where we live.

Please remember - this is just our family rhythm and what works for us at the moment. This isn't meant to be hard and fast rules on how rhythm should go in every one or any one's homes. I just thought to share it because I receive quite a few e-mails asking about our home rhythm, and I also just wanted it documented for myself so that I may remember these times when they are older and/or on to another rhythm.

Thank you, again, for joining me in the rhythm fun! Here is the linky list. If you have a (new or old) link you would like to share about your family rhythm, please enter it below so that we all may see. Please don't forget to link back here in your post. How else will we all be able to share and be inspired? I look forward to seeing your inspiration!
Thanks friends!


P.S. - Is my header blurry to anyone else, or is it just me? I edited it on Picnik and it's clear in my files but then blurry on the blog - how can I fix this?

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...