Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Knitting Awareness



It has recently come to my attention that I can no longer knit gifts that are meant to be for K in front of her. Ok that sounds ridiculous, I know, but it really is a recent revelation. For a long time I was able to knit her presents with her in the same room because she was too young to comprehend or be interested in what I was doing. Then the past year or so she started asking what I was knitting and who it was for. I have always answered with "Hmmmmm, I wonder... What do you think it could be?", even if it wasn't for her. She'd normally come up with a silly response and that would be the end of it - she'd go back to playing.

But now... oh boy, she loves to just sit and watch me knit (I have been informed by her teachers, as well as parents visiting her class, that she would sit with them and watch them knit during play time... she may be just a bit obsessed, like her Mama). She will study each stitch I make and ask many, many questions. She now recognizes yarn from my stash when knitted up and even projects that I worked on months before when they are given as gifts. Note to self : Any supplies for gifts from the Halloween Fairy, the Root Children and Saint Nicholas must stay hidden at all times!

I made the mistake a couple of weeks ago of having C try on K's birthday sweater in progress. Even though C is younger she is almost the same measurements width wise (those cute toddler chub years!) as my string bean K. C then told K I was knitting her birthday sweater and K has been on a hunt for it ever since. *sigh* Now that I can not knit it while I am observing their play (which is when I get a lot of my knitting done), I am so far behind.
I guess i should have know it would be coming sooner or later. I was just counting on later. Five years is pretty good though, eh?

Anyways. Now that I have vented about that. Here are a couple of my current projects.



Remember that horse dress I promised to make for C? To end headaches, I gave up on the original pattern I wanted to use, for now. I have a cute one currently in the works. I can't wait to see it finished!



This project has been ripped out and redone three times now. I hope I have it right this time. I am pretty back and forth about the yarn colorway,some days thinking it's cute and other days not liking it very much. Such is my indecisive nature, I suppose.



I had to share some exciting mail that came my way, recently, too. This may very well be the softest, yummiest yarn EVER. It's by the ever so sweet Genevieve at Sweet Basil Fibre Works. The main colorway is lemongrass (love the name). I am drooling all over the blueish colorways, too. So much to love! The pictures do not do it justice. Here, have a closer look...



Can you feel it?! Swoon

I am afraid to actually knit with it, I don't want to ruin something so beautiful. But I do want to work with it, so I need to get looking for the perfect pattern.I have a couple of ideas for Baby L, but I would love to hear any suggestions you may have. What do you think might be worthy of this yarn?

What are you working on? Happy creating!

P.S. For all of you sewers out there : stay tuned for a giveaway this week!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...