Thursday, October 30, 2008

More farmyard fun



Knitting is coming along rather well in the final stages of putting our farmyard together. The girls can not resist playing with it while I am knitting it! It's cracking me up b/c I am literally at one end of the playmat knitting it together and the girls are at the other end touching it,playing with toys on it,rolling on it.... LOL
I think this will be a hit with both of them once it's all done.

C being a roly poly and playing with a squirrel on it.


K playing with a horse in the hayfield.

A happy squirrel on the pebble road

This really made me laugh. A random car driving on the farm!

Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the farmyard playmats! My daughter did 1 for her three children and it is one of their favorite toys. I chuckle too when I see some of the things that come to play there! Who knew T-Rexs love cabbage! Anyway, I would love to make one too, but we have a pact...we don't have the same toys. So, she has the farmyard playmat and I have the gnome house! Looking forward to seeing your completed project!

Kimara
weefolkart.com

Anonymous said...

It's turning out lovely & it looks bigger than I thought it would be...how big is one square? And how can I get my hands on a copy of the pattern?

FrontierDreams said...

Thank you :)

Kimara-thats so funny!! I guess T-Rexs need their veggies huh? LOL. I would loveto see pics of your daughters..oh and your gnome house!! :)

Saganaga- If I remember right each square is 12".. I think... It will end up smaller in the end though b/c it gets felted. The pattern is in the premier issue of Living Crafts. I have a link to their website in my link section. HTH!

Jennifer Johnson said...

That is so cute! I never would have thought of doing something like that myself, even if I could knit. Wow, maybe it's time to learn!

FrontierDreams said...

Jennifer- YES! Now is the time to learn :) One of my best friends taught me 2 years ago and I am addicted!

Anonymous said...

the farmyard is so cool!

can you tell me what kind of yarn is used for the hay field --the yellow/orange combo? thanks!

FrontierDreams said...

Thanks! I am not sure of the name of the colorways but all the yarn is from knit picks an it is their 'wool of the andes' line. hth!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...