Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Crafting On {C's edition}

The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture or two, post it on your blog, on Instagram #craftingon and/or Flickr and then share it with the rest of us by leaving your link below.

This past week C has had the sewing itch. She has loved hand sewing for as long as I can remember and enjoys making things like the scrap doll you see pictured above. But now that she is eleven, she feels ready to try out the sewing machine. In true C style, she didn't pick a small project to start with. Instead she is making a quilt, freestyle. She cut the rectangles out by eye and sewing them together. Now she is going to sew them to the batting and back and then bind it. I am totally impressed with her sewing skills. Her very first project is something I have yet to master!

What are you working on? Happy creating!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...