Sunday, September 16, 2018

A Glimpse of Our Future?

sheep herding coming in sheep crossing I <3 EWE sheep sheep sheep waiting checking,trimming and cleaning hooves jet L and Jet #monarchsmatter curls pig sharing his beekeeping wisdom hello there beauty tractor tire tractor Owens farm
We took a field trip to Owen's Farm over the weekend to tie in our recent studies: animals and one of my personal favorite subjects - wool! We were told about the event by a sweet mama in my local Wild + Free group. The farm was doing their annual sheep sorting and we got to help guide the sheep a bit. It was such a fun experience. We also toured their farm while we were there. Our children were all so happy. The girls lamented over their need to ride horses again. I don't blame them. There is nothing like it. I still miss riding horses from my own childhood. Not to mention how much the connection, confidence and skills developed through horseback riding really help children through the turbulent time of adolescence. Honestly, I feel the riding at their ages really is a need.

Talking with the owners and watching them work made us even more excited for our future farm (I pray it isn't in the too far distant future) I look forward to a flock of our own along with goats, honeybees and horses. Who knows what other animal we'll throw in there. We do seem to have a habit of rescuing any critter we come in contact with 🙈

I can't wait to go back to the farm and get some local wool to work with. What a dream that will be. Local wool I dye myself and then knit up for my children. The only thing that could top that is woll off my own sheep.

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...