Sunday, July 15, 2018

*Summer*

a little lady on the train 1st train ride! percy! watching the world go by
train ride
Thomas L with Thomas
L with Percy
Baby F with Purple Grandma happy boy on Thomas! dreams coming true
Sir Topham hatt
at the park trying to get his head wet in the leak in the hose teaching baby f silly face after he hit a ball silly boy water play Summer is in full swing here and although the heat can be unbearable we are trying our best to enjoy it! Yes, that means some plastic actually entered our lives. So very much the opposite of who we are but I am glad we got that little water play table for Baby F. He loves it. At least it is kept outdoors, right?! 🙈

We took a trip to Strasburg to make two little boys' dreams come true. Well, it was mostly for the bigger boy but the little one seemed to enjoy it just as much. Not only did they get to ride a train for the very first time in their lives (all our lives actually, except for Kevin) but it was Thomas the train! L has so enjoyed his Thomas books ever since he was three or four so I am sure you can imagine what a big deal this was to him.

We had to drive through Lancaster to get to Strasburg and oh my - I want to live there! Amish farm life - is there anything more beautiful?! If only it wasn't so crowded there (farm plots were small) we would live there in an instant.

My children and I have been discussing what we miss the most that is currently in storage (and has been for more than a year now 😭 ). L missed his toys and trains the most, which I figured. C missed her books and C Baby. K missed her books and furniture and one other thing - our salt rock lamps. At first I thought salt rock lamps were a rather funny thing to miss but then, with a dreamy look in her eyes, she went on to explain how cozy they made our house feel and all the good memories they brought back to her. I could not deny her sentimentality.

Shortly after our conversation I came across this article on salt lamps and my goodness, no wonder they are so missed. I forgot about all the good that they do for us and our home along with the cozy feel they bring. Although I did not realize the danger they could potentially cause for cats. Seriously, check out the article! I am kicking myself for not bringing them with us - granted when we packed I thought we only needed things for 3 - 6 months tops not over a year! I hope our salt lamps survive being in storage for so long.

p.s. Thank you so much for all of your movie recommendations. You guys are awesome! I can't wait for August!!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...