Sunday, January 15, 2017

Our not too distant future

brotherly love helping baby brother cable tree milo cable tree milo vest Baby F's Cable Tree Milo blocked (and already worn a few times as I am sure you can tell!). Rav notes here.
baking

I have mentioned us leaving Idaho a few times over the past few months, but then haven't actually gone into details. It has been hard to write about because I don't really know the details yet. I do, however, know major changes are coming our way. I try to embrace change but this one has thrown me for a loop, even if I did has a hunch it was coming. The truth is I go back and forth between accepting our future and burying my head in the sand pretending it will never come.

This spring Kevin will be officially retiring from the military. He is happy about it but I am rather anxious over the whole thing. I will be the first to say I am not one to love military life but I do love the steady income and job security aspect of it. His retirement means a complete start-over for us because his job in the military doesn't translate into the civilian world. He jokes about us living in a cardboard box but I remind him that those jokes are not helping my anxiety over all of this. Right now we are in the midst of figuring out what our next step will be. What kind of work can be found and where. It is rather funny - before children I would have loved a life changing event like this. I was a bit of a gypsy but now with our children in mind, I just can not help but feel a bit more wary.

Our dream of moving back to Oregon may or may not happen depending on where work can be found. But I am okay with that. As long as we are together then I can live anywhere (but please dear God, don't let it be somewhere hot and muggy!). Kevin actually spent the last week in Oregon on a job interview of sorts that unfortunately didn't work out. But hey when one door closes, another one opens, right? Who knows. Maybe we'll end up back on the east coast closer to our families. Only time will tell. In the meantime we are working hard to be completely debt-free by the time retirement rolls around, I am decluttering like a mad woman and praying like crazy for wisdom and discernment.

I trying my best not to worry, knowing it is not in my control anyways. I just need to let go and let God - trusting whatever His will for us may be.

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...