Monday, November 21, 2016

Out of the fog

out of the fog coming out of the fog coming out of the fog (with a homemade pumpkin spice latte) I am slowly coming out of the fog that took over last week. I was hit hard with the flu and it kept me down for a couple of days. Mamas are not supposed to get sick - isn't that some written law somewhere?! We don't have time for these silly set backs. I haven't had the flu since I was a child and I honestly forgot how rough it is. Perhaps this was to develop my empathy a bit further for the next time my children or Kevin get sick. Well, consider it duly noted. This also reminded I need to work on taking better care of myself. I had been staying up far too late and trying to accomplish far more than I am capable of, wearing my immune system thin. Learn from me and please do take good care!

p.s. - To the woman who came over to me after Mass today, pointing to each one of my children, counting aloud as you gave a sweet but astonished look when you exclaimed, "Four!" and then turned to me and said, "You look far too young to have a child that old (nodding to K), let alone four children!" - Thank you! Your words were just what this ancient feeling, worn mama needed.

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...