Monday, May 11, 2015

A Vessel of Life

028 019 001 009 066 073 077 095 100 264 104 112 115 their faces! 119 141 175 214 210 227 240 250 254

Often times I wonder how my children really see me. Do they see me as kind, gentle and loving (what I hope for) or as a mean rule maker, ruining all their fun? I always fear it is the latter (especially after really off days, like one night when Grandma was visiting). Well, you can imagine my surprise when I saw that K wrote that I was kind and well loved on the chalkboard today. Kevin had something silly written about me (it was a game we were playing back and forth over the weekend) and K said it just wasn't true and changed it to what she felt was true. Oh boy, that made my day!

During Mass today the girls and I were given carnations as a Mother's Day gift and our priest spoke about mothers being a vessel of life. I had never really thought about it that way before. What a gift to be a vessel, I am so grateful for that privilege.  And I am so very grateful for my mother, the one who gave me life, and all that she has ever done for me. I cringe when I think about all that I put her through growing up (I was both strong-willed and rebellious), but I know despite all of my ways, she loves me as only a mother could.

p.s. - Pics from our trip to Bruneau Dunes today.

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...