Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture or two and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link below.

KCCO - college bound! KCCO - college bound!

I can’t believe my oldest niece is off to college! Where did the time go? Upstate NY (where I grew up) is pretty brutal in the winter so I knit her this warm hat to hopefully help keep her ears and head warm so she doesn’t miss a beat. I also just happened to have thieves oil on my hands as I was knitting (from rubbing it on my children) so hopefully it will help infuse the hat with good health and give her a fighting chance during the cold and flu season.

K loved modeling her cousin's hat for me and begged me to knit one for her, but smaller. She says that she would feel like she was closer to her cousin by wearing the same hat she was. She loves and misses her so much! She went into my yarn stash and came back with some Tosh yarn in the vintage sari colorway. The end result was shown in yesterday's post (and is here on rav). I followed the pattern as it was written but only did 8 pattern repeats to make it a bit shorter. It slouches nicely on her when she doesn't have it pulled down to her eyes.

No knitting going on here with lesson planning taking over every night. What are you working on?! Happy creating!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...