Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture or two and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link below.

KCCO - Autumn wreath IMG_8036

I was unable to find time to make any progress on the rainbow dress, so I thought instead of sharing another photograph of it exactly where I left off last week, I would share something K and I just finished - an autumn wreath. As soon as I saw Donni's tutorial I knew that we needed to make one of our own.

I haven't wet felted in ages so I had a couple of problems getting my wool to stick to the wreath form but once I built my confidence back up, it was smooth sailing. K had fun swinging the wreath around her wrist like a hula-hoop to help the felting process along. In fact, she had so much fun that she is already making plans for an Advent wreath and a winter wreath using the same method.

Instead of cutting an oak leaf out of felt, I opted to needle felt a leaf of my own using a cookie cutter as my guide. Little L really likes that leaf and requested I make another one for him to use as a pillow. Oh, my silly little guy!

What are you working on?! Happy creating!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...