Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture or two and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link below.
IMG_5345
What do you know - there is another Owlet on my needles! I am attempting to knit this one top down. I am keeping detailed notes as I go (on my rav page) so hopefully I can be of help to anyone else who may want to try it this way, as well. I don't mind bottom up construction, really I don't, it's just that I prefer to try the project on the intended recipient while knitting to make sure it will fit - which is only possible when knitting top down. Plus, I like that I can just add length to the body and sleeves in the future if need be.

I am a bit further now than the picture shows (I really needed a night to relax with my needles), and just finished dividing for the arms. I don't know what it was about that step (perhaps staying up too late at night?), but I had a hard time trying to figure out how many stitches for each section and where exactly they should be placed. The short rows on the back of the sweater made it so that the placement had to be pretty spot on. We'll see how it goes from here!

What are you working on? Happy creating!

If you would like to link up and share your current works in progress (or finished works) please leave your link below. It can now be either to your specific blog post or Flickr photo. There are no rules, only that your link is current and something about a craft project (of any kind) you are working on. Don't forget that there is now a KCCO Flickr group for you to share your crafting photos at anytime.

Please remember to link back here so that others who may want to join KCCO can find us.

It's as simple as that. Remember your post can be from any day of the week, it doesn't have to be today. We all love feedback so if you have a moment please leave a comment on some of the KCCO posts you may visit. I know from my own experience just how much your comments really motivate me! Now please share and inspire us all!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...