Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Harvest Time







C and I went on a leaf hunting nature walk yesterday and when we arrived home we dumped our bounty onto the floor to examine it before bees waxing them all. I just couldn't resist snapping a photo or two of this autumn inspired project amongst our leaves (although, perhaps next time I should use a better background than the kitchen floor!). Doesn't that yarn scream 'autumn is here!' to you? I love it. It was a gift from a parent of K's classmate so I am not sure who the yarn is by, but I can tell you it is so soft and smooshy, such a pleasure to work with! It's a fingering weight so I have it paired with some other golden yellow yarn to make it just right for warm leggings.



Our school's annual Harvest Festival is this weekend. I like to make my children matching sweaters for the event but I realized this year it just wasn't going to happen. Then I though maybe I could pull off knitting three matching Milos in time but again, nope, just not enough time. I refused to throw in the towel, though, and decided to knit matching pumpkin hats. I should be able to finish those up in time. I may still do the matching Milos for Martinmas this year, but we'll see.





I forgot to post pictures of C's rain boot liners. I finished hers just in time for her first day of school, too. She picked out the outfit...and the boots. Is it just me or is she getting bigger and bigger on me?!

What are you working on? Happy creating!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...