Monday, September 26, 2011

In Threes


Hello there! Boy have I missed you all! I didn't mean to disappear on you all like that. Trouble came knocking at our door and just like they say: it came in threes.
First our van died just as we were on our way to pick up Nana and Grandpa, then we all got sick and then to top it all off Kevin's job cancelled the air card internet service.


The van is now working fine, thanks to a helpful neighbor and new friend (silver lining), we are all on the road to recovery with Baby L's sickness lingering the longest and the internet?? Well, I am trying not to dwell on the internet issue right now. You might remember how we had to cancel the internet last year because we could no longer afford it, and that I have been using Kevin's work computer when he comes home at night to do my blog posts and general internet work. That can no longer happen since his job cancelled it for everyone. They didn't even inform him. Granted, he had the week off. We didn't know why the computer wasn't working all week, though. Kevin called one of the guys he worked with and found out what happened.

I could go on and on about this but I'd rather not. I am really quite foolish being upset over something like this, huh? We had to sign back up for internet service at out house on Saturday and we have it covered for four months. After that, I do not know. We really can't afford an internet bill. Wouldn't I be selfish and burdening my family to try to keep the internet for me to continue my blog? I had a small hope that maybe I could keep it going with sponsorship. I am not one to promote myself or anything like that. It took me a long time to even put up a sponsorship button on here so I am not so sure that would work out. sigh I truly love recording our lives on here and sharing with all of you, not to mention the community and friendships I have thanks to this little space. As silly as it may sound, I tend to look at old posts and reminisce quite often. It's such a reminder to me of the good yet crazy times. So the thought of not being able to continue this is upsetting to me. But, again, I am trying not to think about it right now, we have four months to figure it out. I also must remember that everything happens for a reason, the mystery is to find that reason. In the meantime I will just continue praying an answer will present itself to us. Blech, I am just so over dealing with/talking about such small, silly issues.

You know what, that was just far too much whining. Perhaps we should just forget about that last paragraph, ok?

But no matter what bad happens, there is always the good to even it out. I must always find the good!!

Fun with Nana and Grandpa visiting all the way from New York




Another trip to Tillamook to tour the creamery...





and play at the beach.



My God, look at that sky! There is so much beauty around us each moment of every day. We just need to stop and see it.





Until a wave took C by surprise and she did a face plant into the sand getting soaked from head to toe. This resulted in a very cold and upset C. Thankfully she had Daddy and Grandpa to comfort her and bring her smile back.





Cake decorating with the girls.




For those of you that asked in the last post this is the same cake recipe. It was the carrot cake recipe from the Waldorf Kindergarten Snack Book
We 'frosted' it with cream cheese and topped it with edible moss and wooden toadstools made by the ever so talented Tricia at Prudence & Virtue. (If you haven't checked out her store and/or blog before, please do! She is a true sincere soul and I love all that we have in common. I have more to share on her later...) I did not get to partake in it due to the cream cheese but I am hoping it was good. The girls liked it at least.

A small birthday party at the park with friends.





complete with frog catching at the creek!






Some of you may have noticed Baby L along with big sister K over on the Living Crafts blog last week. My friend Fiona released a beautiful and oh so deliciously warm baby hat pattern (older child version here) modeled by my personal favorite models... I may be a bit biased, though. The hat is such a great knit. Baby L has been wearing to since he was about 2 months old and it continues to fit now. The pics up on LC show him wearing it at 3 months and 6 months.



Phew, that was a lot to show and say! I guess that's what happens when I am away for a week. I hope you all had a great week. We are looking forward to continuing adjusting to our new rhythm and celebrating Michaelmas this Thursday.
See you here tomorrow!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...