Monday, May 23, 2011

Out and About : Zenger Farms



I have been thinking a lot lately about the beauty in the places we see every day, but seldom stop to savor. I decided I needed to make myself slow down and enjoy the scenery around us, no longer taking it for granted. To help in this endeavor I am photographing our usual times out and about, as well as places we have never been. This way I can fully soak it all in, as well as have these moments to look back at. Won't you join me? If you have any of your own out and about photos to share (new or old) please leave a link in the comments. Think 'corners of my home' but 'out of the home surroundings' instead. I know we would all love to see the beauty that surrounds you in your everyday life.



We are very fortunate to have Zenger Farm within walking distance of our house. It took us about a year of passing by and dreaming of farm life to realize that it was open to the public. Zenger Farm is 'a working urban farm that models, promotes and educates about sustainable food systems, environmental stewardship, community development and access to good food for all'. It's really quite an amazing place we have taken for granted for far too long.
Once again I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.


K takes charge with the map




Bee Hives (Click on the picture to make it bigger and you can see the bees buzzing around)


Next stop: the barn (which is one of my favorite things there. Oh how I love old barns)




We stepped inside the barn, and I was in love


While the rest of the family left me behind, I was fully engrossed in taking in all of the beauty inside that old barn.






I eventually caught back up to them




Some early crops


All farm girls need to roll in the dirt every now and then








Greenhouse sprouts


Mobile chicken coop


We spotted a couple of Canadian Geese...


then found more. We decided to follow them.


They led us to the wetlands


Where K and C decided to go 'fishing' in the crystal clear water (They believe that 'fishing' is a way to bring fish home to live with you)




Here are C's 'fish'


and K's



Oh what fun was had. Next time, we are bringing a picnic!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...