Wednesday, August 5, 2009

WIP Wednesday: All Over the Place

Kind of like my brain lately - My WIPs are all over the place.
I can't seem to just stay focused on one thing so I have a bunch of things in the works some almost done, some no where near done. Here are some of the highlights of just a few of the projects currently going on (I won't bore you with all of them!).


Birthday knitting

K's birthday sweater is almost done. I am just finishing up the sleeves now. I am re-doing them because I didn't like how small the pattern had them so I ripped them out about halfway up and ended the decreases there. They are looking more comfortable now. Once I get this one finished I need to start on C's matching sweater.


Puffa, puffa, stick,stick

I am not sure exactly when I will really get going on this project... I found this cute fabric on clearance at my local fabric store so I bought all 4 1/2 yards. I am hoping to make K and C matching dresses out of with with enough fabric left over to make their dolls outfits, too. K is obsessed with hedgehogs right now (thanks to the book 'Hedgie's Surprise'), so I couldn't resist this cute hedgehog ribbon to add to the dresses.


My MIL bought the girls doll beds for their Christmas presents this year. She is giving them to us before we leave for Oregon so we will have them stashed away until Christmas. I have been so excited about this for the girls. The beds come with a pillow and mattress but no blanket. I knew I had to make some kind of blanket to go with the beds. I have been wanting to learn how to quilt for years now but have never worked up the courage to try. Doll quilts are so small, so I thought that would be a good project for me to start with someday. Then my favorite magazine Living Crafts published a simple doll quilt pattern in one of their recent issues, and I knew it was fate :)


Some of the fabrics for C's doll quilt.

For months now I have been stocking up on fabric to make a doll quilt, I even just bought more that is on it's way to me now. I think I will stick with the pink fabrics and save the little red riding hood and forest fabric (on the right had side of the picture) for another project. I can't wait to get started, and what a perfect gift to go with the doll beds! I think I may make their dolls some pajamas, too.

I only need to make one quilt because K already has a beautiful quilt hand made by Ram in the Thicket How could anyone not love this quilt,just look at the fabrics!


Front (notice the hedgehogs!)


Back

I have a mini list of things I am hoping to finish before we move (on top of the WIPs mentioned above):

-K's secret surprise
-Oregon trail bonnet for myself
-K's night-night baby
-K's other birthday present (toadstool hat)

Wish me luck on that! I have just a little bit over 2 weeks left.
Check out what my fellow WIPsters are up to at WIP Central. Happy creating everyone!

Share/Bookmark

13 comments:

Joy said...

The doll quilt fabrics are just wonderful! K's b-day sweater is lovely as well. You've got some wonderful WIP there. :) Good luck finishing things before you move!

alisha said...

i'm totally in love with that pear fabric!

Anonymous said...

The quilt is precious! Well done! My 4-year-old son is into Hedgie's Surprise as well. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers as you prepare for your big move.

Moonish (moonsun) said...

Wonderful projects! wishing you good luck with all of them :))

Jessica said...

I'm all swoony for that fabric for the quilt and the yarn for the sweater. Where did you get the yarn?

Lisa said...

The sweater is beautiful! Love the hedgehog ribbon and the gorgeous quilt. I also love it the you are making yourseld an Oregon Trail bonnet. That is great!

Lisa ;P

Eva said...

I can not wait to see the toadstool hat! Sounds lovely. I can not believe you are being so crafty in the middle of a move...

Prairie Girl said...

Wow you are seriously one busy Mama. I love everything in your WIP post - from the birthday sweater to that delicious fruit fabric and the doll quilt fabrics. Yum. Yum. Yum!

Can't wait to see everything all finished up!

Anonymous said...

I am a HUGE hedgie fan! Put them with gnomes and red poka dot mushrooms and I'm totally smitten! I'm sure you're farther along on packing than it seems...any luck house hunting? I'm thinking of you!

FrontierDreams said...

Thank you everyone!

Jessica- I had to search everywhere online and eventually found it at some random yarn shop, I will see if I still have the receipt and let you know :)

Jumbleberryjam- Kevin found one he likes today and I'll know more about it tomorrow so that makes me feel a bit better..but I'm not getting my hopes up. We'll see! How about you?

Melissa said...

Good luck with your first doll quilt, they are lots of fun to make. I need to get a batch of them back into the shop so I can get my Christmas fund going;o)

FrontierDreams said...

Melissa - Thank you! Let me know when you stock, I may need some as gifts ;)

Life of Joy said...

I love the pear fabric. I have made my daughter a dress in it already and have some stashed away to make me an apron. I also want some more to make a table cloth.

I am also embarking on my first quilt. Mine will be queen size though. I am still in the picking out fabric stage.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...