Wednesday, July 8, 2009

WIP Wednesday: Celebrating - Seasons, Rhythm, and COMPLETION!


Tea party, anyone?

We'll start with K's summertime table cloth. We sewed that up quick during C's nap the other day. Both girls love it. Short and sweet and a good meditation for me, not to mention it helped to satisfy my hunger for sewing, at least for a little while.


The rhythm of our day

This is a little project I started on painting day last week with K. I thought it would be nice to have our waking, nap time, and bedtime verses by our bed to look at. While K worked on her blue paintings (we do 1 color at a time with our wet on wet painting until she is a little older), I did 3 mini paintings, one for morning, one for the afternoon and one for evening. After they dried I used a marker and wrote our verses on the appropriate pictures. Being my usual critical self, I am going to re-do them. I don't like the thickness of the marker, nor my handwriting.


Pulling the stem through the apple

Lastly, (you knew it was coming) the never ending project. I am very happy to say that I have this pretty much done. Just some finishing touches and off it goes in the mail. I am waiting on a response from our organizer before I mail them out, as well. We are sending extras for a charity auction and I need to see if I need to make one more or not. I am thrilled to not only be a part of this project to begin with, but to help out those who need it with my simple craft, as well.

Thank you, again, everyone for your responses about our move. I am thrilled there will be an airshow somewhat near us! We still have a month before our move, but I am mentally preparing myself now. Please keep all the wonderful and inspiring information coming!

Happy creating!!

Share/Bookmark

13 comments:

renee ~ heirloom seasons said...

oh how i love that teeny, tiny apple!

Joy said...

The tablecloth turned out great! I'm sure the girls are thrilled. :)

Jodie said...

The watercolor verses look beautiful! As a child my mother put up a verse/prayer on my wall in 2nd grade, and I still remember it- "O Loving Father, I give you this day, all I think, do , and say, With the help of Jesus you son, I will be loving and kind and love everyone! Thanks for the inspiration, I will make one for my 2nd grader.

Kimara said...

I think your verse cards are beautiful as is, but as a perfectionist myself, I will not try to dissuade you from redoing them... but make sure you pass these along to a friend. I know they will be greatly appreciated :) I love the tablecloth. I think it is so fun when you see someone use material you just used to make something completely different! (Trust me, that makes sense to me!) Anyway, after using the fun cherry print in outfits for Pixie and Fairy, and as the inspiration for a recent applique block, I was thrilled to see the material on your table. Ya gotta have fun at any meal with that tablecloth smiling at you! Anyway, all lovely things. I always enjoy your creativity and grace of spirit!

Anonymous said...

I think the paintings are wonderful! I might have to copy that idea. :)

Marina said...

Congratulations on finishing the project, what a relief that must be!

The verses are lovely, is there anything you CAN'T do, my talented friend ;}?

Sheila said...

it all looks great, i like the verse cards!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that tiny apple. Did you create the pattern for these wee fruits? Is it possible to share? I'd love to make some.

And personally, I think the watercolors and writing are quite fine!

FrontierDreams said...

Thanks everyone!
Jodie- what a sweet prayer! thanks for sharing that!

kimara- thanks :) i plan on passing them on ;) how funny you just used the same fabric! do you have pics on your site? i want to see! did you ever get my email about huskies?

labelsareforjars- ok i LOVE your screen name! i did create the fruit pattern, its for the winter issue of a magazine (hopefully, if it's good enough to make it, that is!). i can't share the pattern just yet but soon!!

Leslie said...

I would love some direction from you on how to learn the wet on wet painting. I have everything I need, the right size brush, the painting board, and primary watercolors - just no direction on the wet on wet painting method. Yours are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the screen name love! :)

i'll wait patiently for the publication.....(thumb twiddling already!)

Philippine outsourcing said...

The table was so cute.. I love the color. This is really perfect for a tea party!! Good arrangement!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the verse cards too! And, it inspires me to make a set for our home. I love wet watercolor painting. The results are so softly gorgeous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...