Friday, July 3, 2009

Are We Ready?


Oregon here we come!

...For our cross country move? It's already July which means we only have about a month left. Eeeeek! I think I can safely say that I will never be fully ready for such a thing. I have made cross country moves before but not with 2 kids (who can't stand the car),2 cats and 2 dogs. It will be interesting to say the least,but I look forward to the change. We will be moving from Virginia to Oregon. Our location in Oregon will have us near, not 1 but 2 Waldorf schools. K is excited beyond words to finally be near a school. C, on the other hand, has no clue what is about to happen to us in the near future. She's such an easy going girl she will be ok with whatever comes her way, though.



My mom is giving K a raincoat for her birthday this year, which is perfect for our move. We have been told by just about everyone that it rains A LOT there. I figured C needed one, too. We try to stick to natural materials at all times but that's rather hard when it comes to something like a raincoat. So our compromise is a 100% cotton lined raincoat. I found this one for C at the Hanna Andersson outlet while shopping with my mom. C is in love with it.




As you can see!! She begs for me to put it on her at least one time a day.


Share/Bookmark

12 comments:

Joy said...

Aww...they are adorable in their raincoats. Good luck with the move! BTW, I passed you an Honest Scrap on my blog yesterday. ;)

Sara said...

I am so jealous! I am originally from Oregon and now live in Georgia. We will be leaving for our cross-country vacation to Oregon in one week. I would love to move back to Oregon permanently! I am sure you will love it there!

Kyrie said...

Can't wait to do a meetup with you (although my kids don't like the car either, and you and I will be living an hour and a half apart!). Surely we'll be able to work something out.

I don't know if you're interested, but there is an active Waldorf homeschool group where you're headed, as well. Also lots of anthro drs!

Kyrie said...

Oh! And a biodynamic CSA.

Tahara said...

You are moving to a great location!...Good luck with the move :-)

Anonymous said...

WoooHoo! Summers are divine. Almost no rain from July 4th thru October 4th (at least not 3 hours north of you ;-). DS has those same sunglasses! And, will hopefully be getting full splash gear by the time the rainy season hits. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you in the coming weeks :-)

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Adorable Rain Coat!! Good luck with your move : )

Jennifer Johnson said...

Wow, good luck with such a big move! I grew up in Oregon (now live in Washington) and love it. What city will you be moving to? Perhaps I'll get to meet you some time now you'll be closer.

It really doesn't rain as much as people lead you to believe. It is grey a lot of the time, and misty, drizzly, damp and cool. But summers are heavenly. Springs and falls have some really nice days, as well. And winter, well, maybe you'll want to learn to ski? It makes good crafting weather, at least.

itsystitch said...

wow! congratulations! what a move! we just moved from michigan to arizona a few months back, so I can completely relate to the excitement and anticipation! best wishes with your move!

Melanie said...

Oh, it doesn't rain that much!:) The raincoat is darling and there is a Hanna outlet in Lake Oswego (close to where you'll be?). I hope the move goes smoothly and that you settle into your new home quickly!

renee ~ heirloom seasons said...

best of luck with the move. we have have done two cross country moves with 2 small children, 2 dogs, and 5 cats! it will be an adventure!

Still Life in South America said...

Your girls are so cute; I can barely stand it!!! Really they are just beautiful girls. The raincoat is darling.

I have always felt an affinity for Oregon, but I've never visited. I look forward to seeing it through your eyes. Good luck with the cross country journey. Breathe deeply and bring losts of kid and pet treats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...